Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sex Bomb

With record stores seemingly an endangered species, along with bookstores, I've resolved to enjoy them while they last. It's not hard with the store just down the street from my office, because they have several racks of CDs priced $1.00 or less. Obviously, only the most uncritical music fan won't think at least some of their inventory is crap, but it's a rare visit that I don't find something worth picking up.

Today was no exception. I left with nine discs and that abundance left me with a dilemma. I can't decide which CD bargain I'm most excited about. I was able to narrow it down to two, but that's as far as I've gotten.

One was Roxy Music's album For Your Pleasure for a quarter, and the other was the CD-single of Toby Keith performing "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" live (with a spoken intro) for a dime. Bryan Ferry is passionate about screwing those after whom he lusts, while Toby Keith is passionate about bombing those he hates. Who's to say which is better? I respect them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment