Thursday, June 14, 2012

We Are...Tone Deaf

As a member of the Penn State faithful, I'd be lying if I claimed I could be totally objective about the trial of Jerry Sandusky and the events that have preceded it over the past several months. Perhaps the one good thing about the trial is that it puts the focus squarely on the figure who seemed to be strangely in the background while the late Joe Paterno was being vilified, the monster who is Jerry Sandusky. In short, I'm not an advocate of blaming the masses for the sins of the few. That said, the e-mail I received from Penn State today, touting the start of a new era in Penn State football, coming on the heels of another day of harrowing testimony in the Sandusky trial makes it hard not to wonder if my alma mater isn't truly as rotten to the core as critics would suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment