Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting for the End of the World

Today feels like a good day for random observations.

First, I hear a lot of talk that this coming Saturday the 21st will be the date of the Biblical "rapture". Assuming that's what they're talking about, as opposed to a reunion performance by Blondie, I just hope is holds off until after the matinee showing of Thor I'm planning to see.

Regarding the Arnold Schwarzenegger/Maria Shriver divorce, I hate to sound like I'm taking a cheap shot but my inner 13-year-old can't resist. At one time, I had seen Schwarzenegger as a bit of a Clinton-esque figure, mainly for his political acumen and positioning. However, in light of the revelations that he had an affair that led to an out-of-wedlock child, he seems like he belongs in the Kennedy family more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment